Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

My birthday was Thursday, 11 November, but between suffering with a flare up of gouty arthritis in the big toe on my left foot, being slightly dehydrated, and having a reaction to the pills that I took for my toe, I was not really in a birthday mood. Fixed that, I am fully recovered, and last night we had dinner at the poolside restaurant. We had a nice dinner and I had a wonderful large chocolate brownie with nutmeg ice cream for desert (no candles). Then came back to the boat and read the latest Daniel Silva book on our Kindle's - Thanks Reuben!

Also saw some unusual colored "fireflies" - a local explained that these bugs are only visible this time of year!

Today we hope to finish unloading the final barrel that we shipped from Florida - 250ft of new anchor chain. Also hope to have our new canvas fitted.

Gra'inne is looking good having installed new lines, some new lifelines, a new Yankee cut Jib, a new Bimini, new interior curtains and a new shower curtain in the head. We have had a busy week but the boat is ready to sail.

Bobby - Da birthday boy

1 comment:

  1. Kind of like that line from Jaws

    If you want candles.... You're gonna need a bigger Brownie.

    Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete