Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lift Bridle

Finished sewing the new bridle and wanted to post some photos.  I used the old Davis bridle as a guide but replaced the old plastic hardware and added a few extra parts.










The old Bridle was at best a sloppy fit or even worse, once it was snugged up it was difficult to get a hold of or time consuming to remove if I needed access to the inside of the engine.  I added two stitched loops on the side of the front strap so that I could slip this loop into place on the front of the engine and then secure using an elongated captive pin shackle.









We've always used this shackle on the handle to make attaching the dinghy davit lift tackle easier.  I also wanted to have an easier way to make a handhold on the engine when I move it on/off my rail mount.  Added this webbing strap handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment