Sunday, December 11, 2011

Today in the Boat Yard

We had some pretty heavy showers overnight and then early this morning so I was skeptical about getting any outside work done on the boat.  We got to the yard about 8:30 this morning and there were lots of puddles and standing water.  I used a 1 gallon bucket and moved some cinders up near our boat to help give us a bit drier area from which to work.  We set up a small scaffold and Lesley started cleaning and waxing the hull while I started on the bottom paint.  I finished on the starboard side and had just move to port when a Dutchman on the boat next to us lifted his awning and dumped a load of water on me, in the bottom paint, etc.  I dumped the water and bottom paint and wiped up the roller pan then dried the hull cussing the hole time.  The neighbor apologized and I said no problem - that the paint was going to get wet anyway in a few days.  I might haven even spoken a few foul words in German!




Things continued to dry and Lesley finished waxing the starboard side as I finished the bottom paint>  We had a few light sprinkles but no downpours so were able to finish.

Tomorrow we finish waxing the hull and then reinstall the GPS, 12 Volt monitor for the NAV computer and test start the engine.  Looks like we are well on track for our scheduled AM launch on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment