Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Box!

You sometimes hear that you should be thinking outside the box, however, when you are working on one it is hard to do that.  So this morning while I was working on an IP-38 I was inside the box thinking  (actually epoxying some seams).





All things said though I've been waking up in the wee hours of the morning thinking about this project and today it came together nicely.

Compressors installed


Lights work




Smoke test!




After a very short time the fridge was down from 90 degrees ambient to 40 degrees and the freezer was down to 18.8.  Left things running for another hour and each side cycled.  Now for the hard part (actually not so hard) finish protecting the compressor plumbing, keel coolers and wiring in the lazarette and then will build the divider and finish with new reinsulated rear hinged doors.

Time for dinner now!


1 comment:

  1. Very Nice! (as usual)

    I think I would rub myself down with some Crisco before venturing inside the box however.... give me a better chance to get back out :-)

    ReplyDelete