Monday, January 10, 2011

Doing teak in Martinique

I finished doing the Cetol on all of the caprail except the piece across the stern yesterday while Lesley cleaned and waxed some of the diamond plate on deck. We had mostly overcast skies and a little more humidity than normal so it was a good day for both of the projects that we had.

After making coffee we ran the water maker (with new motor and pump) for several hours and we are still very happy with its performance. We had noticed a high pitched noise coming from the new unit and added some small rubber squares at each corner under the mounting plate and pads under the mounting bolt/washers. This knocked the noise level way down. Plan to bring some heavier rubber pads back with us next season.

Have been in touch with another RO system maker and they have given me prices on parts that I will need to put another unit together using my old pump. Plan to use the old pump (after factory rebuild) and new parts to put another 8gph/20amp water maker together for a friend.

After our warm showers we had Nurn'berger wurst, Lesley's great French potato salad and home made coleslaw for dinner and Jell-O and whipped cream for desert.

I fell asleep again while watching an episode from Season 5 of Grey's Anatomy.

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know when you want to spec out this system for me so maybe I can order and build on also. Thanks for all you do Bobby.

    ReplyDelete