Monday, January 24, 2011

Mega Yacht Looses Mast

I was ashore today getting some work done on the
dinghy. When I returned to the boat Lesley mentioned that she had seen a large yacht come in with a broken mast. We grabbed the camera and headed over to the Antigua Yacht Club Marina and checked it out - what a mess.






http://www.charterworld.com/index.html?sub=yacht-charter&charter=sysalperton-6118


The Vessel is Salperton IV and when we stopped
by to look at the boat the crew were casually washing the hull as if nothing had happened. Given the height of the rig and the sails she was carrying, imagine that this was a very "explosive" event to say
the least.

3 comments:

  1. I'll bet that someone might even have spilled some of their caviar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I'm the news editor for The Yacht Report. We've recently run this story but I'm particularly impressed by the photos you have used. I was wondering if it would be possible for us to use them, accredited to you of course, and with a link to your site.

    Please feel free to contact me: william@theyachtreport.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill:

    Yes, you can use the photos - let me know if you want the full size images and will email to you.

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete