Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Rainy Day Activites

We spent part of the day in Fort Myers yesterday doing some shopping for items that we can't find here - like Korean Red Chili Pepper, Daikon, and Kimchi base.  These are all critical ingredients for today's project - Kimchi.

I've already chopped and salted the Napa Cabbage and it is standing now for a few hours before I drain and start adding the remaining ingredients.


After letting the cabbage sit for 4 hours I rinsed it and then squeezed out excess water.  Next I added shredded Daikon, spring onions, carrot, red pepper, ginger and Kimchi base.

With rubber gloves on I then mixed well and will now let the mixture ferment for several days.





Next post will be on the finished product along side Bulgogi (Korean style marinated barbequed beef) and some steamed rice  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment