Friday, September 7, 2012

Autopilot RAM

I mounted the support shelf earlier today and just completed installation of the RAM.  Overall travel stop to stop is 11" and the RAM and the motor easily clear all obstacles!


Ram is mounted toward the forward edge of the shelf with the larger part of the motor unit facing also facing forward. 
 
RAM extended into area under the helm seat - well clear of the cockpit drain.










Motor unit clears vertical support.  After checking the angle between the mounting foot on the RAM and the attachment point on the tiller arm I raised the foot an extra 3/4".  After the paint dries in the lazarette I'll post a few extra pictures.












As I began hooking thing up I noticed that connectors did not mate - Garmin had sent me the correct RAM but the wrong Corepack - so now I'm waiting on a replacement!

No comments:

Post a Comment