Sunday, August 19, 2012

Boat Work this summer

We are about half way thru our summer here in Florida and have made good progress with both home and boat projects and are starting to fill up our barrels of items that we will ship back to Grenada later this year.

I've also been busy with boat projects on other peoples boats.  I started out the summer helping good friend Peter move his IP38 up to Bradenton where it was placed for sale and then skippering it for the shakedown and survey after sale.

Then I began working on an IP-31 replacing the fresh water tank and all plumbing, modifying the cockpit icebox locker so it would accept a small propane tank and then installed a propane alarm and solenoid.

My next project was on an IP-32 making and installing a stainless steel mounting frame for two 140 watt Kyocera solar panels and installation of the panels and controller/wiring.  I also installed an additional Garmin instrument, cleaned up the data/power wiring for helm mounted instruments and did some chainplate maintenance.

I was then contacted by the owner of a 43' Beneteau who wanted me to add some supports to his davits so that they would support the planned installation of three solar panels.  I opted out of this project - a Beneteau is not as sturdy as an IP!

I'm now scheduled to do some major work on an ice box on an IP-38 here in the Marina.

So I'm having a great summer working on my favorite boats and enjoying time ashore.





   

No comments:

Post a Comment