Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Happy Birthday to me!

I had a great day today - chalk up another...  Started off the day with a great breakfast and then headed off to work on this years project boat.  Arrived and did some wiring (heaviest gauge wire I've ever dealt with 4/0) and had a nice surprise from Steve and Rob with a Birthday card and bottle of La Crema Chardonnay (one of our favorites from a long time ago and a new story for later).

I worked on the Lagoon till about 1 and then came home to continue my special day.  Preps underway for a Prime Rib dinner and a walk with Lewis.  Dinner is nearly ready and will post a few comments on it later.

Hoping to get our dink in the water in the morning and start waxing the topsides and tackle the teak.  Boat is in great shape - glad it was here this summer and not in the Caribbean - at least I could find time to do some work on it over the summer.

Big project for me now is to finish a fresh water hose replacement on an IP-35 - more on this later as this has been the worst that I've had to deal with to the point of having to remove hull panels!  Photos and more narrative later.  Have another 35 with plumbing issues waiting and also Mike's boat up int Tampa to finish before we take the great winter siesta!

In the meantime - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME......  


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Bobby. Many more to come.

    Due to the length of the run I used 4/0 in my 5th wheel from the battery to the inverter. I used welding cable rather than marine wire - it was much easier to work with.

    Hope you enjoyed the Prime Rib. I had a salad. :-(

    ReplyDelete