Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Selling our boat

After 4 years as full time live aboards cruising the East Coast from Maine to the Bahamas, then 8 winters as commuter cruisers in the Caribbean, and after 8 months back here in Florida, we've decided to sell Gra'inne.

Neither of us see any sense in keeping the boat here and not doing significant cruising.   Cruising grounds are limited, water is murky, Bahamas - been there, done that, lots of T shirts and beer snugglies and Florida is just not for us.  So I've listed her for sale on IPHOMEPORT for the time being and will see how that plays out. 

If she doesn't sell then I guess I'll have to contact my good buddy and see if he can sell her - maybe even sell his and move up!

We are both ready to move on and that means transitioning to Kerrville, Texas in the next several years.  Fix-up on our place here is underway and just started painting several rooms, replacing carpets, and new kitchen planned.  We have a Realtor coming by next week to take a look and give us some pointers.

I plan to keep the blog going and as I have time plan to modify our website and document some of the projects that I have worked on over the past several years, on Gra'inne as well as others that I've worked on.

For now I'm busy as can be - still need to finish our teak and also working on 4 other boats, including a stern tube/motor mount issue on an IP-32.

3 comments:

  1. Transitions.... Wow guys!

    Understand the time to move on to new things. I also knew the sailing in Kerville was somewhat limited :-)

    Perhaps it will be time for a land yacht (the skills from cruising are real handy for land cruising) and some travels with the Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a big change.

    Someone is going to get a great boat!

    I hope I can still pump you for ideas to keep Blue Pearl happy!

    Best wishes in your transitions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need an architect to design your new home, I have designed and built 40.....just sayin...I know a good CADD 3D program.
    Hayden

    ReplyDelete