Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Chain Plates

I've been really busy this summer working on a variety of boats.  I started out doing a lot of work on an IP-38 and the owner wanted me to rebed the chainplates.  The caprail on the boat was in such bad condition that I could only guess what shape the stuff underneath was in so I recommended a Factory Refit.

I was right but did not know to what extent till I saw this!

Anyway, once the boat comes back later this year or early next I still have lots to do.

In the meantime we continue to work on transitioning to Texas and building our dream home.  Lesley continues with Agility training with Lewis and I continue to be untrainable!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I always worried about the chainplates. I think they need to rethink how they install those things. So much work to properly inspect and replace.

    We will be out in Kerville early Nov. Is my parking spot and the Barbecue installed yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg:

    Not yet - to soon, you can stop and cut some Cedar trees down for us though!

    ReplyDelete