Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Boat work today

I dove on the hull and cleaned a few barnacles, some sludge and came up with 20 pounds of the infamous "Hayden" monster shrimp - shrimp scampi tonight for dinner.  Just joking, 20 grams of shrimp perhaps but we are having cheese ravioli with marinara sauce, fresh baguette, and salad with Lesley's red wine vinaigrette.

Hundreds of the small shrimp were attached to my dive skin but considering I spent over an hour under the boat they had plenty of time to find me.  Also cleaned the thru hulls and the keel cooler and the freezer is already back down to 11 degrees. Not bad for a large freezer cabinet.  We still have strip steaks, pot roast, veal, lamb, pork chops, bacon and some chicken left so we are now in eat-it-all mode!

Tomorrow I will take the scuba tanks in for a refill and also drop off the propane bottle for a refill - we are averaging 3 - 4 propane bottles in a 6 month season so we are definitely using the stove!

1 comment:

  1. Better watch out for those blood sucking monster shrimp. they say if the aliens ever invade it will be via the oceans!

    Sounds like it's time for a Grenadian Meat Fest. I'll look and see if I can find any good recipes that call for strip steaks, pot roast, veal, lamb, pork chops, bacon and some chicken. Yum. sounds like my kind of dish.

    ReplyDelete