Saturday, February 2, 2013

Amphibious Dinghy?

On the way in to the store today I saw the most unusual boat.  When I first went by the wheels were down and the boat was on a pad next to a villa.  I ran a few errands in town and when I came back the boat was in the water with the wheels up!

I'm getting ready for lunch now but plan to go back in to town later today and hope to take a few photos of the boat.  Very unusual - I had fold down wheels on my 14ft Zodiac when we lived in Okinawa but this boat appears to have hydraulically controlled wheel lifts and perhaps an electric motor on the bow wheel!

Makers name on the boat is SeaLegs. 

Looking closer at the boat it appears that there is a drive motor on each wheel.



1 comment:

  1. Might be one of their amphibious landing craft :-)

    Did you notice a stale baguette launcher on the bow?

    ReplyDelete