Sunday, February 17, 2013

Good Deed Dude

Started out yesterday helping Glen with a leaky dinghy valve and then on the way back to Grai'nne we came to the rescue of  Horizon Yacht CHarter anchored behind us with a monstrous lower half jib wrap/snarl.

Then I went to clear out at Jolly Harbor and a very nice fellow stranded at the Customs dock (OB would not start) so I towed he and his daughter back to their boat.

Finally, we headed over to Blue Pearl for CRACKED CONCH - YES.....  It was great but before it was ready we watched a large Junneau (Wicked Good) try to anchor amongst the moorings.  He tried and tried but didn't have a clue so I hopped in the dink and rode oer and asked the 4 people aboard if they might need help picking up a mooring.  Everyone but the skipper said yes.  So after 5 tries with me holding the mooring, him hitting my dink, my cutting my hand on some barnacles, etc we finally got the damn boat on the mooring. 

A little while later the skipper and his wife drove by Blue Pearl and not so much as a wave or a thanks.  This was probably the worst show of boating skills I have ever seen!


2 comments:

  1. No good deed goes unpunished...
    Send him a bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should, found the boat in the USCG Database and it is held in a LLC, out of PA. Sorry SOAG
    probably set up the LLC to avoid paying taxes. You would think that with the money he saved on taxes that he might have taken cruising 101!

    Better today, anchored off Deshaies, Guadeloupe and had no late comers in the anchorage last night trying to disturb our "Peace".

    ReplyDelete