Sunday, March 24, 2013

Winter!

We left St Lucia yesterday morning at 4:30, well before sunrise, heading for Bequia.  It was warm and humid and for the first several hours I did not even have a shirt on.  As we approached St Vincent the winds dropped and we were very warm, so we opened the windshield on the dodger and that helped some.  
We anchored in Admiralty Bay about 3:30 and after hosing the salt spray off the boat and wiping her down good I headed into town to clear in.
I noticed that the Immigration inspector seemed to be having problems making change so when it was my turn I asked him what the charge was and he replied, "35 EC".  All I had was fiftys and hundreds so I asked him if the bar next door was open.  He said yes and I told him that I would be right back so I went over, bought two bottles of Hairoun, and headed back to the office.  I finished my first beer as he was finishing up my paper work so I paid him and headed back to the boat for a swim and to check the anchor.
For all of you enjoying (?) winter weather still, I hope spring comes, soon!

1 comment:

  1. Been down in the 30's at night along the Gulf Coast.

    We've been snuggled under the down comforter all cozy cozy.

    ReplyDelete