Saturday, January 18, 2014

On the mend

We headed for the Docs office this morning and were surprised at the facility and the staff.  A very big surprise.  I was the first one in to see the Doc (she) and she gave me a good going over and then explained the various things that could cause my gastrointestinal disorder and then told me she was going to treat a majority of possibilities with a combination of drugs - one mega dose of something that would kill any small amoebas or any other sort of small wiggly things (and a drug to counteract the side effects) and another drug to treat the other causes and make me better.

So far so good -  chicken noodle soup for lunch, Gatorade, then a nap.  Got up later this afternoon and service the engine so guess I'm somewhat better.  Just finished dinner - a bowl of buttered noodles.

Lesley had a sinus infection and her drugs seem to be kicking in as well.

I'm hoping I can start having more normal meals tomorrow.  In the meantime we are going ashore to a little coffee place we saw then back to the boat to fuel up and transfer fuel into the saddle bladder for our upcoming trip up through the Bahamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment