Monday, May 12, 2014

AC Problem

While we were working on the staysail stay the AC suddenly quit working.  I had a chance to do some troubleshooting today and the AC runs fine - except the compressor does not try to start or run.  Voltage checks show that everything else is working as told to by the thermostat so I removed the control board.


Luckily I snagged a schematic for the entire unit in 2004 so it was fairly easy to troubleshoot - appears that the compressor run relay was being energized but no AC power to the compressor.

A closer look with the control board out shows a melted solder joint on the compressor power lead on the relay.

Joint has been resoldered and I will reinstall in the next day or two.

Hope to finish an electrical upgrade on a Pacific Seacraft tomorrow then back to AC and rigging on Gra'inne.


1 comment:

  1. Good Job Bobby McGuyver. I wish I had your sort of skill.

    Or did Lewis show you how?

    ReplyDelete