Sunday, May 25, 2014

Holding tank replacement begins

I spent the morning laying out guide strips so that I could begin cutting the floor for holding tank removal.  My first shore is to cut a clean outline in the teak and holly plywood floor.  I decided to use my small laminate router and some oak 1x2 strips as guides.  My first cut was along the door into the head.  I can not continue the router cut near the doorway so will save that for the JobMax.  I then mounted my cut guide to the floor in the area where I will destroy the existing teak so that I will have a clean cut on the outside of my cut.



I then made two cuts inside my guide before moving one hold down so that I could continue cutting.


Eventually, after moving the guide around the floor I was able to cut everything that was accessible with the router.  This morning I will use the JobMax and some aluminum cut guides to finish the cutout before digging in for the heavy cutting.

You can see screw holes inside the cut area - these are from the cut guides but this material will be destroyed anyway




No comments:

Post a Comment