Sunday, June 8, 2014

More Rigging

Bill (owner of IP-40 Florida Buoy) came over to the boat several days ago and helped me while I removed the backstays.  I ordered the new wire and fittings and was able to save and reuse the Stalock insulators.  One of the old backstays on the left.


I'm waiting on 2 Norseman studs for the lower turnbuckles now but everything else is ready and one more trip up the mast to install the backstays and we will have completed full replacement of the standing rigging with the mast in place.


Nice to be completing this project.

2 comments:

  1. Holding tanks, standing rigging.... great work as usual but when is Miller Time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg:

      Every evening at 5:00 I have my 2 Fat Tires (thank goodness they are now on the east coast) and wine with dinner. Nice to have two major projects completed. I now have time to start on the teak, again! Your trip looks great.

      Delete