Sunday, July 13, 2014

Drive line and prop

The prop is off and in Coastal Prop for tuning and balancing.  I have the prop shaft off and all of the other parts ready to check out in the morning.  Will replace the cutlass bearing just because everything is apart.  Will also replace the stuffing box hose, clamps, etc.  Nice to have time to refurb the drive train while we are not moving!  Pretty sure that I will replace the propshaft, flange, and replace the transmission rear seal while everything is apart.

But first I have an appointment with my dermatologist - critical as I've had Melanoma and other forms of skin cancer so trying to maintain body Bob as well.  Wish I could go in for a refit!  Like someone said, you have to be strong as you age, I'm strong and glad I'm not aging! 

Got back home from the yard today and Lewis crowed and welcomed me back home.  Nice to have him tell me that he missed me today!  He is getting more vocal whenever either of us leave and then return home.  Love our puppy!

1 comment:

  1. Just curious Bobby - why replace the prop shaft? I would think that is one part that would outlast the engine and then some.

    Good luck at the dermatologist. Like a buddy of mine once said "Getting old ain't for sissies" Glad you are not getting old. :-)

    ReplyDelete