Monday, June 29, 2015

Hooking up with the past!

I grew up in the South West, Barstow, California to be exact, and my best friend and his sister lived 2 houses down the street.  I've been in and out (mostly out) of touch with them over the years but today I had the pleasure of hooking up on the phone with Joan.  I last saw Joan and her husband and kids in Costa Mesa, Ca probably in the late 70's or early 80's!  We talked for over an hour and exchanged some info and tried to catch up - long story but if I could have picked a dad it would have theirs - David (the dad).

Now I'm waiting to talk to my best friend David (the son).  I called and left my phone number but wasn't sure that I had the right David, but Joan confirmed that I did.  After all, his last name is Swink and he lives in Swink, Oklahoma!   Had to get in touch with Joan in Lincoln, CA to be sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment