Saturday, December 28, 2013

Fridge is working again

The guys from Mayday Marine showed up yesterday morning as promised at 7:30.  We spoke briefly about our problem and then they asked me what I wanted to do.  I asked them to vacuum the system and then try a recharge.  After about 4.5 hours on the vacuum pump and a recharge the freezer is working again.  It appears that there may have been some small amount of moisture in the system that was freezing and blocking the capillary tube.

Just in case though I have a new evaporator and add on filter dryer on board should the problem reappear.  Coastal Climate Control sent me the new parts on the 24th and I had then by the afternoon of the 26th.

We moved all of our frozen items from the beach house back to the boat and are now ready to move along on the 4th of Jan.

No comments:

Post a Comment