Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Working on a boat in Exotic Places!

We were happy to get the boat back together and move her back to a slip yesterday.  After finishing the battery equalization I turned the freezer back on but it did not seem to be acting correctly.  This morning the freezer was only down to 38 so it wasn't.  I'm assuming that we have enough moisture in the refrigerant to freeze at the capillary tube or even worse have a chip blocking the capillary tube.  Have a reefer man coming to look at the system Friday morning.  Hoping he can vacumn the system and then recharge to fix the problem.  But, just in case, a new evaporator and filter dryer are on order from Coastal Climate Control!

I must say it again, so glad that we have the use of Mike and Martina's freezer through this!

We picked up some stuff from the beach house so we are all set for Christmas dinner aboard.

1 comment:

  1. Ordering the dryer… good idea. Staying ahead of the curve.

    I'm working on trucks in exotic places. I have a really nasty intermittent wobble in the front end. They call it the Ford Death Wobble. Quite violent actually. Of course I'm 4k over my warranty. Thursday we go to Ford to troubleshoot it.

    If you can't get the freezer fixed you will just need to start eating faster.

    Ho Ho Ho to you both.

    ReplyDelete