Saturday, April 12, 2014

Grillin

I've been so busy with boat projects I haven't had a chance to post anything about food.  Worked on our boat replacing cockpit speakers and moving food today but wanted to grill something so here's the menu.

First, I roasted several years of corn and Lesley whipped up a Bobby Flay recipe of roasted corn, several types of cheese, spices, chopped green onions, and left for me.  I cut open some fresh Jalapeno's and then stuffed them with the corn/cheese mix.

Next, I just started new charcoal and will grill a NY Strip steak seasoned with medium hot New Mexico red chili power, garlic, sea salt, and cracked pepper.

Will grill the steak and then smother it with Anaheim chili's, grated sharp cheddar cheese and then warm that till the cheese melts.

Steak Ranchero, fried potatoes, stuffed Jalapeno's,  roasted corn, baracho beans!  Yum......

Picture of the stuffed peppers follows.





I loaded up the car and will be headed to the Key's tomorrow for a week to do some work on an IP-38.

Guten Appetit!  

1 comment:

  1. Now that's one serious sounding steak!

    Steak ala Kerrville. A Southwestern flair in the Southeast.

    Hurry up and get your boat work done. It's going to get hot in the bilges.

    ReplyDelete