Sunday, April 27, 2014

Replacing Hoses

We've done a great job with preventive maintenance on the boat but now that we have the boat back here we are finding that it is really easy to tackle some of the jobs that we had put off.  I knew the cockpit scupper hoses needed to be replaced and to gain access to them I had to remove the generator exhaust hose, electric bilge pump hose, etc.  While I was in the area I also removed the engine exhaust hose - a real pain but as the pictures will show it was waiting to fail.  The wire reinforcement was gone at the exhaust flange and a few rust spots were showing elsewhere on the hose.

Engine Exhaust hose
 Cockpit scupper hose - dry rotted and cracked but not leaking - yet!
Collection of hoses removed from the boat.

New hose is on the way and will start reinstalling in the next several days. 

Also on the agenda is replacing the rigging (Forestay and Staysail stay wire) with parts on order.  WE have already replaced all of the other standing rigging over the past several years.



1 comment:

  1. I replace my hoses in 2008. they looked like yours.

    Then again my boat was older. :-)

    ReplyDelete